Monday, January 31, 2011

Sleeping and Playing

I meant to write about this in my last post but I forgot and was reminded this morning. :) We have been struggling a little with Ethan's sleeping. He is doing somewhat better with naps. He usually likes to only do a 30 minute nap but will sometimes go longer. He is a bit of a "cat napper". I am slowly being able to depend on a morning nap, afternoon nap and a couple evening rests. However, the night time has been a bit frustrating! He will technically sleep through the night and does not usually need to get up to eat. However, he has been waking up very often screaming! I thought originally that he was waking up because his pacifier had fallen out but I do not think that is the case because he can sleep fine without it at other times. It is still a bit of a mystery why he is waking up! The nice thing is that he will go right back to sleep once the pacifier is in so I am only awake for a minute or two.

All the frustrations of the night are usually forgotten in the mornings because of how cute Ethan is! :) He will wake up and just hang out in his crib for a while. He doesn't cry or anything but will simply play or talk to himself. It is the most adorable thing!! A few recent mornings I have gotten up and thought I would just check in on him and he is actually awake and hanging out in his crib. The smile I get when he first sees me is the best thing in the world! Sometimes I wonder how we got soo lucky!! :)

1 comment:

  1. We think Ethan is just adorable, so precious. Thanks for posting pics of him so we can keep up with his growing. like you saidd time does fly, soon to be 1/2 year old. Please give him a big hug and kiss from his greatgrama. Blessings to all of you. Love, G.Grama+Granpa

    ReplyDelete